In accordance with the objectives defined in the "Strategy of action on five priority areas of development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017-2021", fundamentally and qualitatively new reforms are being implemented in Uzbekistan on the liberalization of the economy, as well as the development of foreign trade and economic relations with foreign countries and the comprehensive development of the country's regions as a whole.
In order to widely inform the business community of foreign countries with the ongoing large-scale reforms to ensure the openness of the economy and create a favorable investment climate in the Republic, the Ministry of investment and trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with the Khokimiyat of the Khorezm region initiated a forum dedicated to the investment, trade and economic potential of the Khorezm region.
Khorezm region has a convenient geographical location with a population of 1.8 million people. the formation of GRP is dominated by the production of agricultural products and their processing (30.7%), the provision of services (44.6%), industry (17.4%), and construction (7.3%).
A free economic zone "Hazarasp" has been created in the region today, for the participants of which tax and customs privileges are provided from 3 to 10 years.
Also, according to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
No:2731 from 18.01.2017, newly created micro-firms and small enterprises in the industry, are exempt from payment of the single tax payment, located in.:
- Yangiarik and Kushkupur districts of Khorezm region-until January 1, 2027;
- other areas of the Khorezm region-until January 1, 2022.
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No:2843 from 17.03.2017 for entrepreneurs of Khorezm region the following benefits and preferences are presented:
- until January 1, 2022 manufacturers of pharmaceutical products and preparations, electrical products (except cable and wire), as well as finishing construction materials are exempt from payment:
- property tax;
- land tax;
- tax on improvement and development of social infrastructure;
- mandatory contributions to the Republican road Fund under the Cabinet of Ministers.
Preferential tariffs for rail transportation for the delivery of goods to the state border of Uzbekistan (at the current rates of tariffs for domestic cargo transportation) are applied for legal entities of exporters registered and engaged in production activities in the Khorezm region.
Perspective industries are the production of building materials, electrical products, textile and pharmaceutical industry, processing of agricultural products and engineering.
Currently, there are 80 enterprises with foreign investments in the region. Including, such large as “Coca Cola”, “GM Uzbekistan”, “UzXCMG”, “UzTexGroup”, etc.
In addition, one of the fastest growing areas in Khorezm is tourism. In the area is located the city of Khiva, where can be viewed the unique open-air Museum "Ichan-Kala".
Khiva is one of the ancient cities located in Central Asia. According to archaeological data, the city was founded more than 2500 years ago. Its distinguishing feature from the rich monuments of the cities of Samarkand and Bukhara is that all its architectural monuments are located within the same fortress and have survived to the present day in a holistic form.
In this regard, in 1967 the complex "Ichan – Kala" of the city of Khiva was declared an architectural Museum – reserve, and in 1990 it was the first in Central Asia to be included in the UNESCO list as a world cultural heritage.
I. Date and venue.
The investment forum will be held in the conference hall of Khokimiyat of Khorezm region on April 5 – 6, 2019 (the program of the forum is attached).
The Forum is organized by the ministries of investment and trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the state Committee for tourism development, the Khorezm region Khokimiyat, the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad.
III. Purpose of the event.
- familiarization of the business community and representatives of international organizations, potential investors with the socio-economic development of the Khorezm region, the measures taken to improve the investment climate, as well as the created favorable conditions and preferences for foreign investors and local businesses;
- establishment of comprehensive mutually beneficial relations in the field of attracting investments, development of interregional trade and industrial cooperation, development of specific areas for the exchange of tourists.
I. Main objectives.
- wide informing of business entities of foreign countries, potential investors about the measures taken in Uzbekistan, including in the Khorezm region to improve the business and investment climate;
- providing information potential investors on perspective projects in the field of industry, agriculture and tourism development proposed for joint implementation with Uzbek companies;
- presentation of successfully operating foreign and joint ventures in the Khorezm region and study of the possibility of expanding their activities;
- together with representatives of donor and international financial organizations to develop proposals for the financing of joint projects, the study of opportunities for the development of investment cooperation, on the basis of selected sectors of the economy;
- achieving concrete results and agreements between enterprises of Uzbekistan and foreign countries to attract foreign direct investment in the Khorezm region.
The forum consists of:
- plenary session, during which the first Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Minister of investments and foreign trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Chairman of the state Committee for tourism development, khokim of Khorezm region, as well as the chamber of Commerce and industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan are planned to speak;
- thematic sectional sessions, within the framework of which the presentations of the heads and experts of the sectoral ministries and departments of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the state of development of (1) industrial and energy, (2) agricultural, (3) tourism, (4) innovation, as well as the presentation of promising investment projects in these areas are planned.
Cooperation exchange (in the format "B2G" and "B2B") and exhibition of domestic products and tourism potential of the Khorezm region.
The expected result is the development of partnership relations between the business entities of the Republic and foreign countries, the signing of mutually beneficial contracts and agreements.
Visits to enterprises. For potential investors in accordance with their activities will be organized routes of visits to joint ventures with foreign capital, as well as companies offering investment projects for joint implementation.
The total number – 375 people, foreign guests – 300 people.
- profile ministries and departments of the Republic of Uzbekistan and foreign States;
- potential foreign investors and donors, business entities of foreign countries;
- representatives of the Khokimiyat of Khorezm region;
- representatives of the diplomatic corps accredited in Uzbekistan;
- representatives of international organizations and financial institutions;
- leading regional and foreign mass media;
VII. The language of the event.
Working Language-Russian and English (with simultaneous translation).
Entrance to all Forum events is free of charge. Foreign participants are provided with transport services. Meals are organized at the expense of the inviting party. Travel and accommodation – at the expense of own funds of the Forum participants.
For further questions, please contact us at +998912756675, +998975135599 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the event, please follow the link http://bit.do/forumkhorezm